Directions to Deerlick Astronomy Village
From Atlanta :
Head East on I-20 to exit 154.
Head West on I-20 to exit 154.
The Deerlick Astronomy Village is located approximated 1 hour and 45 minutes from downtown Atlanta.
1) From the I-285 and I-20 interchange (East side perimeter), take I-20 East for 86 miles to Exit 154 (Hwy 278).
2) Turn left at bottom of ramp and go 1.6 miles on 278 to 269 (aka Hwy 47).
3) Turn right (North) onto 269 and go 3.5 miles to 4 way stop, downtown Sharon (beware of RR tracks around the 2 mile mark, there is no signal).
4) Turn right (East) onto Main Street (aka Raytown Road, aka CR 79) and go 2.5 miles to 4 way stop.
5) Turn right (South) onto Double Wells Road and go 0.3 miles to Aaron Grier Road (there will be a sign at the dirt road)
6) Turn right (West) onto Aaron Grier Road and go approximately 0.5 miles to the DAV entrance, Star Gate 1 (SG1).
Note: If coming from the East (Augusta) and using a GPS Navigation, do not turn off I-20 before exit 154. The road it would have you take is impassible
NOTE: There is a pronounced hump on the RR tracks just after the turn onto SR 269, which could cause problems for longer motorhomes or trailers.
.You can use I-20 Exit 148, take SR 22 north to US 278, through Crawfordville, left on SR 47 to Sharon.
View Larger Map
Take the exit 148
|Turn left onto GA-22 E
||Turn right onto Broad St
|Head east on Broad St toward Askin St
|Turn left onto Sharon St
Turn right onto GA-47 E/Sharon St
|Continue onto Raytown Rd NE
Turn right toward Aaron Grier Rd SE
|Sharp right onto Aaron Grier Rd SE
Slight right onto Constellation Lane